Below are some of the events and opportunities happening for Career Development Month!
- On Friday, November 3rd our colleagues at the Maine Career Development Association are hosting Carol Vecchio, author of the book The Time Between Dreams: How to Navigate Uncertainty in Your Life and Work at Bates College, Lewiston, ME from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Discover how to clear the fog hovering around change so you can listen, understand, and manage your own transitions as well as support the shifts of those with whom you live and work. Registration can be found at: http://www.maine-cda.org/professional-development/fall-workshop-2017/.
- Announcing the 52nd Annual Poetry and Poster Contest! “Leading the Way to a Future Full of Possibilities” Every adult and student enrolled in public, private and parochial schools in states with participating NCDA state divisions is eligible. Let’s promote this opportunity to our K-12 students and adult learners in VT and NH!
- Facilitating Career Development (FCD) class with Jim Peacock, at Dartmouth College starting in December. This course was developed by the National Career Development Association over 20 years ago for anyone who provides career services. Completion of this class is the first step towards two nationally recognized career certifications. (CCSP and GCDF). Register now!
- If you haven’t already, Let us know your needs as a Career Practitioner in VT and NH by completing this short survey. Let your voices be heard!
- Work in Progress, For those of your who want to become members of the VT/NH CDA, we are working to add a Pay Pal account to our website, for those of you who’d like to join and pay online. Coming soon!